Although dental implants have existed for decades, there is still a lot of confusion about the procedure. Even patients that have lost teeth and could benefit from dental implants are often put off by misconceptions about the treatment.
How about you?
Dr. Parul Mehta & Associates help patients with missing teeth understand the ins and outs of the dental implants so that they can make the best decision for their oral health. Below is some of the information we share.
A Brief About Dental Implants
A dental implant is the best substitute for a missing tooth. There is no other medical/dental technology that works as well as dental implants. Why?
Each Implant is anchored into the jawbone where they become fused with bone, giving the patient a frim chewing surface. Each dental implant has a composition of titanium or zirconium—both of which are very strong. The numerous benefits of dental implants cannot be matched by other dental appliances.
Major Benefits of Dental Implants
When recommending dental implants to our patients, we do so because of the many short and long-term benefits to their oral health. Here are some of the outstanding ones:
- Implants are impervious to the acids produced by cavity-causing
- Implants have a very high success rate (about 94%) and do not require follow-up procedures due to problems
- Implants help to reduce tooth migration since they are anchored to the jawbone.
- Regular chewing and speech can be restored with implants when missing teeth are the cause of these issues.
- Implants support dental and facial tissues, preventing a sagging mouth look that is well-known with removable dentures.
Are you still curious if dental implants are for you? Don’t guess if they are or not. Schedule a private consultation with Dr. Mehta. She enjoys assisting each of her patients to have beautiful, functional smiles.
Riverside office: (951) 667-1595
Temecula office: (951) 383-6858